Institute: EKP (CN)
Phone: +49 721 608 26784
PhD topic: Electric field simulations and electric dipole investigations at the KATRIN main spectrometer
PhD final exam : January 20th, 2017
- 02/2017: Daniel Hilk: Electric field simulations and electric dipole investigations at the KATRIN main spectrometer, KITopen, DOI: 10.5445/IR/1000065869
- 2017: Ferenc Glueck and Daniel Hilk: Electric potential and field calculation of charged BEM triangles and rectangles by Gaussian cubature (in review at PIER and preprint available arXiv:1606.03743)
- 2017: S. Groh, D. Furse, N. Trost, D. Hilk et al.: Kassiopeia: A Modern, Extensible C++ Particle Tracking Package (to be published in New Journal of Physics)
- 11/2016: L. Baudis, D. Hilk et al.: DARWIN: towards the ultimate dark matter detector (JCAP11(2016)017)
- 03/2016: J. Wolf, D. Hilk et al.: Commissioning of the vacuum system of the KATRIN Main Spectrometer (2016 JINST 11 P04011)
- 03/2010: Daniel Hilk, Werner Scheid, Tamas Palmai und Barnabas Apagyi: Study of the Cox-Thompson inverse scattering method with a Coulomb potential (2010 J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 43 225302)
Workshops and Conferences
- 03/2016: Talk on Removal of stored particle background via the electric dipole method in the KATRIN main spectrometer at the spring meeting of the german physical society in Darmstadt, Germany
- 04/2015: Participation at the conference “parallel2015” (software conference for parallel programming, concurrency and multi-core systems), organized by dpunkt and Heise publishing
- 03/2015: DPG Spring Meeting Wuppertal
- 06/2014: Poster presentation (together with J. Behrens, University of Muenster) at the international conference NEUTRINO2014 at Boston, USA. Topic: Methods for active background removal in the KATRIN experiment
- 04/2014: Poster presentation at the Wilhelm and Else Heraeus-seminar on massive neutrinos at the Physikzentrum Bad Honnef, Germany. Topic: Removal of Stored Electrons in the KATRIN Main Spectrometer
- 03/2014: Talk on Removal of Stored Electrons in the KATRIN Main Spectrometer at the spring meeting of the german physical society at Mainz
- 10/2013: Contribution to the student workshop of KSETA (together with Matthias Vogelgesang, KIT IPE) at Freudenstadt, Germany: Introduction to computations on GPUs and fast field computations with the KATRIN software tool KEMField.
- 07/2013: Presentation of "Removal of Stored Electrons in the KATRIN Main Spectrometer” in context of the ISAPP summer school 2013 in Canfranc, Spain.
- 06/2013: Public presentation (together with B. Schmidt) in context of the science festival "EFFEKTE" at Karlsruhe on dark matter physics in the television series "The Big Bang Theory"
- 03/2013: Presentation of developments for electrostatic computations in multiple media at the spring meeting of the german physical society in Dresden, Germany
- 06/2012: Talk on Electrostatic Field Calculations for dual phase noble gas WIMP detectors at the local seminar of the institute of nuclear physics
- 02/2012: Presentation of the diploma thesis project at the spring meeting of the german physical society in Goettingen, Germany
- 07/2013: International school on astro-particle physics in Canfranc-Estacion, Spain: "Neutrino Physics and Astrophysics"
- 07/2011: European Summer Campus in Strasbourg, France: "Between Two Infinites: Particle Physics, Astroparticles and Cosmology"
- 10/2015: Prof. C. Haber: Silicon Detectors: Principles and Technology
- 07/2014: Prof. T. Kajita: Studies of Atmospheric Neutrinos
- 04/2014: Dr. T. Pradier: High Energy Neutrino Astronomy
- 11/2013: Dr. G. Poghosyan: Parallel programming and graphical processors in scientific applications
- 02/2013: Prof. W. Rau: Detector technology in direct Dark Matter searches