Institute: Laboratory for Applications of Synchrotron Radiation (LAS)/Institute for Beam Physics bnd Technology (IBPT)
Advisor: Prof. Anke-Susanne Müller
Advising group leader: Axel Bernhard
Room: 618 (CS: 30.45)
Date of exam: 9. June 2021
Title: Systematic studies of the beam dynamics with a superconducting damping wiggler at KARA
Further projects worked on during the PhD phase
- CompactLight Project (Funded by the EU)
- SCU XFEL (Funded by the BMBF)
- M. Brosi, J. Gethmann et al. Studies of the Micro-Bunching Instability in the Presence of a Damping Wiggler, J. Phys. Conf. Ser., vol. 1067, no. 6, 2018.
- M. Brosi et al. Systematic Studies of the Micro-Bunching Instability at Very Low Bunch Charges, Phys. Rev. Accel. Beams, vol. 22, no. 2, p. 20701, 2019.
- The Compact Linear Collider (CLIC) 2018 summary report}, CERN, Geneva, 2018.
- The Compact Linear Collider (CLIC) Project Implementation Plan, CERN, Geneva, 2018.
- Technologies for the CompactLight undulator, XLS-CompactLight Deliverable D5.1, 2019.
Publications in conference proceedings
- A. Bernhard et al., A CLIC Damping Wiggler Prototype at ANKA: Commissioning and Preparations for a Beam Dynamics Experimental Program, in Proc. 7th International Particle Accelerator Conference (IPAC 2016): Busan, Korea, WEPMW002.
- J. Gethmann et al., Non-Linear Beam Dynamics Studies of the CLIC Damping Wiggler Prototype, in Proc. 8th International Particle Accelerator Conference (IPAC 2017): Copenhagen, Denmark, WEPIK068.
- M. Brosi et al., Studies of the Micro-Bunching Instability in the Presence of a Damping Wiggler, Proc. 9th Int. Part. Accel. Conf. (IPAC 2018) Vancouver, BC Canada, THPAK029.
- J. Gethmann et. al., Progress of the Development of a Superconducting Undulator as a THz Source for FELs, in Proc. 12th Int. Particle Accelerator Conf. (IPAC’21), 2021 (submitted).
Talks and Posters
- Low Emittance Ring Workshop 2014
- Poster for CERN Accelerator School 2014: A Concept for Lowering ANKA's Emittance
- Poster for KSETA plenary workshop 2016
- Poster for Helmholtz ARD-ST 3 Workshop 2016: SP6: Studies on beam dynamics of a superconducting damping wiggler in the ANKA storage ring in low-alpha mode
- DPG Spring Meeting 2015 (Wuppertal): Differences in tracking simulations of Insertion Devices
- 1st Workshop on Low Emittance Lattice Design 2015
- DPG Spring Meeting 2016 (Darmstadt): Simulations of the effects of a superconducting damping wiggler on a short bunched electron beam at ANKA
- CompactLight 1st Midterm Workshop 2018 (Trieste, Italy): WP5: Task Superconducting Undulators
- CompactLight 1st Annual Meeting Workshop 2018 (Barcelona, Spain): WP5: Task Superconducting Undulators
- DPG Spring Meeting 2019 (Munich): A CLIC damping wiggler at KIT—from beam dynamics simulations to short bunch experiments
- CompactLight 2st Midterm Workshop 2019 (Helsinki, Finland): WP5: Task Superconducting Undulators
- CompactLight 2st Annual Meeting Workshop 2020 (Athens, Greece): WP5: Task Superconducting Undulators
- DPG Spring Meeting 2021 (Dortmund): Progress of the development of a superconducting undulator as a THz source for FELs
KSETA Topical Courses, Workshops, Lectures, Seminars, Soft Skills
Talks/Workshops given at
- KSETA doctoral fellows workshop 2015: Git — source code management
- KSETA plenary workshop 2019: Insertion Device for CERN at the KArlsruhe Research Accelerator
ParticipatedSee the KSETA transcript (PDF).
- System administrator of the LAS, 2013-2020
- (founding) Member of the Board of the Doktorandenkonvent Physik, 2015-2017
HeJuRepresentative of KIT, 2014/2015
- winter 15/16: Accelerator physics 2: synchrotron radiation tutorium and SPECTRA students course
- summer 17: Accelerator physics 1 students lab and simulations course
- winter 17/18: Accelerator physics 2: synchrotron radiation tutorium and SPECTRA students course
- summer 18: Accelerator physics 1 students lab and simulations course
- winter 18/19: Accelerator physics 2: synchrotron radiation tutorium and SPECTRA students course
- summer 19: Accelerator physics teaching assistent, development of a case study and organisation of the students lab course and simulations course
- winter 19/20: Accelerator physics teaching assistent, organisation of the students lab course and simulations course